Once around the first 50km loop (of the 100km and 160km courses) taking you from 200m above sea level (Start/finish) up over the top of Northburn Station at around 1660m. Total climb of 2600m
There will be plenty of marshals along key areas of the course. The course will be well marked with directional arrows and reflective tape. There will be one aid station about half way with nutrition and electrolyte supplements. There will only be a couple of fresh water re-fill positions (creeks) along the course so a water carrying capacity of about 2L per person is important. there will be some compulsory re-fill points.
This is a dry, hard, rocky course mostly run over high country 4WD tracks but also including some short sections of fence lines and sheep tracks. The weather can be ‘changeable’ so your minimum gear must be carried at all times.
- small day backpack.
- rain jacket – it can be just a ‘shell’ but it must be seam-sealed waterproof.
- merino or thermal long sleeve top
- extra fleece/mid weight wool top we have just added this to the list.
- long thermal tights or trousers
- warm beanie or Thir Band
- polyprop gloves
- survival blanket
- own snacks, gels, energy bars etc
- water bottles/bladders – enough to carry 2 litres of water at all times
- headlight for the early start
- reflector stripes or vest or back flashing light for the early start.
- cell phone (recommended but optional)
- gps/compass (optional)
- gaiters (optional but highly recommended)
Start: 6am Saturday, at the Marquee, Northburn Station.
$170 until 16th March.
Entries will be refunded less 20% Admin fee if organisers are notified by 1st March. No refunds after this date but your entry is transferable to another runner or to next years event.
Entries close March 16. Late entries may be available at the race organisers discretion but a late fee of NZ$30 will apply.
|If this is your first Ultrawe recommend starting with a structured plan and working alongside Lisa Tamati and Neil Wagstaff at Running Hot Coaching, you’ll be able to learn all you need to know, in a structured and scientific way to ensure that not only will you achieve your goal but that you will do it knowing that you can avoid injury and finish strong.
They will be with you all the way to the start line.