Minimum gear requirements are:
- small day backpack.
- rain jacket – it can be just a ‘shell’ but it must be seam-seeled waterproof.
- merino or thermal long sleeve top
- extra fleece/mid wieght wool top.
- long thermal tights or trousers (compression leggings are not acceptable – unless they are the fancy new Skins Thermal compression tights – Polly prop or merino are the norm)
- warm beanie or Thir Band! (Multifunctional headware)
- polyprop / thermal/ warm gloves
- survival blanket
- own snacks, gels, energy bars etc
- water bottles/bladders – enough to carry 2 liters of water at all times
- headlight for night-time with back up battery’s.
- reflector stripes or vest or back flashing light for night-time runnin
The above items must be in your pack or on your person AT ALL TIMES.
- cell phone (recommended but optional)
- gaiters (optional but recommended)
- gps/compass (optional)
Drop bag for ‘TW’ – TW is the central check point near the top of the mountain that you pass by several times on various crossings of the high mountain routes.
We transport your extra drop bag to this check point for you so fill it up with lots of heavy stuff – e.g.
- Extra batteries for your headlamp
- Heavier/warmer water proof jacket
- Heavier/warmer water proof mitts (significantly warmer than gloves)
- Water proof over-trousers
- Extra set of thermals
- Extra fleece/merino top.
- Extra, specific food/electrolytes
(There will be soup and electrolytes freely available at TW also).